ReviveLI's Statement Of Faith
We confess our common faith together with this basic statement of faith:
- We believe that God is the creator of the universe, creating both the seen (physical) and the unseen (spiritual) realms and that God the creator is also the giver of life.
- We believe in the inspiration and authority of Scripture. The Bible is the Written Word of God without error in the original autographs and of divine authority in all matters of faith and life. We believe the Holy Bible is God's word, inspired by God to mankind for the purpose of revealing who He is and his plan of salvation. It is true in all matters to which it speaks.
- There is one God, eternal and self-existing in three persons (Father, Son and Holy Spirit) who are the same substance, equal in power and glory and are to be equally loved, honored and adored.
- We Believe Jesus Christ is Divine God who came from Heaven to mankind as a man, yet retaining the Divinity of God. He lived a sinless life, yet was rejected and betrayed by man and was crucified and died on the cross. He rose from the dead on the third day, according to the Scriptures, and ever lives. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead.
- We believe that the death of Jesus on the cross provided atonement for the sins of the world. We affirm the necessity of the blood of Christ for salvation, and we affirm the sufficiency of the atonement to reconcile sinners to God. We affirm the teaching of Jesus that a person must be born again to see the kingdom of God.
- We believe that Jesus is the judge of all of mankind's thoughts, intentions and actions and that He is just and wise in His judgment. As judge, Jesus will judge the unjust [those who are not covered by the blood of Jesus Christ] to everlasting condemnation, while to the righteous [those who are covered by the blood of Jesus Christ] He will give of His life, His gifts, and His glory.
- Jesus is currently seated in Majesty, Power and Authority alongside the Father, yet He is now as our high priest, immediately accessible to us in both Prayer and Fellowship.
- The church is called to glorify God through Worship, through the Spiritual nurture and development of those who come to the Church, through reaching the lost by evangelism, and through deeds of mercy whereby we meet the physical needs of those who live in this fallen world.
- We believe that local churches are the preeminent vehicle God will use to reconcile our communities with Himself. Our commitment is to the life and vitality of our local churches. The local church is the best means to provide and encourage the unsaved world with multiple opportunities to respond to the gospel.
- We believe that God established marriage as the union between one man and one woman. We are committed to strengthening and supporting marriages and families. We are also committed to a biblical sexual ethic which establishes sexual relations only within the bounds of heterosexual marriage.
- When and if churches outside our network express interest in joining with us, a formal application process will begin where the interested church will request partnership in the network, expressing willingness and commitment to participate according to our confessional and connectional commitments.
- To be eligible for membership in Revive LI, a proposed member church must demonstrate that it is committed to help plant churches proactively, it shares the core values and philosophy of ministry embraced by Revive LI, and is committed to our basic statement of faith.
- Participants will be financial contributors to ReviveLI on a yearly agreed upon basis.
- The Revive LI board reserves the right to refuse any request for membership without explanation.
- The Revive LI board reserves the right to dismiss any ministry from its membership at the request of a majority of sponsor church delegates at two consecutive executive team meetings.
- Within the Revive LI community God will raise up cohorts of like-minded church leaders who desire to grow together. Acceptance into a cohort/collaborative forum assumes the following: The participant pledges, with full intention, to attend all sessions; participants agree to an accountability relationship with the leader of the cohort. Accountability extends to the participant’s entire life including personal, family, church and social experiences.